Pretty Palettes - June Reveal

It's time for the June "Pretty Palettes" reveal!  Erin Prais-Hintz threw a monkey wrench into my design flow this month - There is no actual palette... but I love the festive colors in the surfboard art featured in the Pottery Barn Teen catalog.  I live in sunny Orange County, California and grew up surrounded by surfers, sand and the sea.  


Here is the Bead Gallery® bead palette I chose for my surfer girl design.  All beads and supplies can be purchased at your local Michaels store.



10194330 - Shell round peridot 8mm
10288507 - Gold tone metal tube small
10322278 - Light pink stone round 10mm
10242626 - Turquoise dyed howlite 8mm
10216933 - Dyed quartzite orange round 8mm
10168564 - Dyed agate pink round 10mm
10242660 - White howlite rondelles 


I wanted to create a chic beachy look so I decided to create stacking bracelets.


I used 7mm Stretch Magic cording, Bead Landing tassels and 8mm jump rings to give the bracelets a splash of gold between the beads that did not have a gold accent bead. 


I have to admit that I am totally in love with these bracelets.  The colors look amazing on my tan skin.


Above is an individual shot of each bracelet.  I created instructions for these "Tasseled Bracelets."  Click here for your free instructions.





What is your favorite cord when creating stretch bracelets?  I'm really interested in knowing which cord you use and why.

What do you think of my tassel bracelets? I would love to hear your comments.  Be sure to check out "Fashion Friday" and "DIY Saturday" on the Halcraft blog.  I feature the latest fashion trends and two free beading designs every week.   

Comments

  1. Awesome stacking bracelets, Miss Denise! These would be great to give as gifts and to even whip up a few with my daughter's dance friends. They look great stacked together! I have not seen those tassels and they sure are cute! Thanks for playing along with me. Check back on July 1st for the next Pretty Palettes Inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Bead Give-A-Way Ever!

Pretty Palette Reveal - January 2018

Bead Soup and Baseball